Our Vision, Mission and Mandate
Our vision is to ensure:
“Prosperous Coffee Farming Communities; a Vibrant, Competitive and Sustainable Coffee Industry.”
Our mission is:
To increase financial returns, productivity, production and market access for female and male coffee farmers and others along the value chain, with motivated, competent and continuously learning actors.
By virtue of Coffee Industry Corporation Act (1991), the CIC Ltd is mandated to:
- Conduct research into coffee production, processing, and marketing of Papua New Guinea Coffee.
- Provide extension services to the coffee industry including training, education and information dissemination.
- Regulate coffee quality, industry trade and guard the industry from the effects of antogonistis policies and threats whether national or international.
- Guard the industry against pests and diseases, environmental, ecological and bio-chemical instrutions.
The following core values underpin the culture in CIC and key principles which guide the Board, management and staff of the Corporation:
Recognizing and promoting diversity and different roles played by individuals and stakeholders in developing this truly national commodity.
We take full responsibility for our actions and results and through this we will improve public confidence in the Corporation.
We protect and enhance the Corporation’s reputation by demonstrating respect for
others, fairness, honesty and moral values and upholding good governance.
We will make decisions based on sound policies and processes that are clearly communicated and understood by our stakeholders.
We share our knowledge and skills and respect each other’s contribution in achieving the common goals of the Corporation. We put the interest of the team above the interest of the individual.
We are a new organization pioneering into new areas of knowledge and research
and the Corporation which has the best local knowledge about all aspects of coffee
We are committed to being highly skilled and knowledgeable, aiming to always apply industry best practices.
* In order to assist the CIC and the stakeholders understand and adhere to the corporate values a pneumonic aid is developed and this is:
‘RAIT’ captures the Attitude values of the CIC while ‘TIC’ captures the Intellectual underpinning values of the CIC. These values will provide the impetus that will be the driving force behind CIC's responsibilities as outlined in our vision, mission and mandate, and duly supported by the PNG Coffee Industry Strategic Plan 2008 - 2018.